Online Professional English Network Program (OPEN)
The U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan is accepting applications to participate in the spring 2022 term of the Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program (former E-Teacher Program). The OPEN Program offers 8-week professional development courses developed by U.S. universities on topics such as English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI) TESOL Methodology, Professional Development for Teacher Trainers, and Integrating Critical Thinking into the Classroom and others.
Eligibility and Application Overview
Candidates should be highly motivated teachers, teacher trainers, or ministry officials who are both dedicated to their own professional development and willing to share their knowledge with colleagues. Qualified candidates should:
- Be a citizen of and reside in the nominating country at the time of the course
- Not hold dual citizenship in the United States
- Have the ability to complete academic work at a U.S. university level (CEFR approximately B2)
- Have at least 8-10 hours per week to devote to coursework
- Have regular access (4-5 times per week) to a reliable, internet-enabled device
- Have an understanding of English technical terms
- Have basic technology skills related to creating usernames and passwords, using credentials to log in to secured websites, using email, searching the internet, and accessing and managing electronic files (e.g., pdf, MS Word, Excel), including downloading and uploading files.
- Have the ability to type in English well enough to participate in online discussions and submit written assignments in a timely manner
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program is open to non-U.S. citizens living outside the United States. For Global Online Courses, the program is open by nomination only.
Interested English language professionals should submit applications by January 25, 2022, to be considered for courses that begin in the spring of 2022.
Direct filled out the application to EnglishProgramsDushanbe@state.gov
Certificates and digital badges are issued by the U.S. Department of State for all those who pass the course.
The OPEN Program Courses are freely open for any interested participants. For more information about the OPEN Program, please visit the OPEN Program website https://www.openenglishprograms.org/.