Innovative Teacher of the Year Award
The EWB Network is pleased to announce the Innovative English Teacher of the Year Award 2021 and is accepting applications from all English teachers across Tajikistan.
The contest will consist of two stages:
- Stage 1: Application Form
- Stage 2: A Video submission of Demo Lesson
Application deadline: July 1, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Stage 2.
If you have any questions, please contact your local Regional Representatives and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email write the Innovative Teacher of the Year Award in the subject line of your email.
The EWB Network recognizes the hard work and dedication required to be an outstanding teacher. The Innovative English Teacher of the Year Award will be an annual event held by the EWB Network and supported by the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan which recognizes and honors exceptional English language teachers at all levels.
Any English language teacher who:
- is a current teacher (at least 50% of teaching workload) of the English Language at a primary school, secondary school, university, or private educational institution in Tajikistan
- has a minimum of three years of teaching experience
Note: Applicants are required to be an active EWB network member (if you have not registered as a member of the EWB network, please Register )
The winner will receive:
- Innovative English Teacher of the Year Award Certificate
- A session as an invited speaker at the annual EWB conference and Expo
- Honorary membership of EWB
Applicants are evaluated on their ability to:
- inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- have a positive impact on students and colleagues.
- participate in continuing professional development.
- create a supportive and encouraging learning environment by providing quality language instruction based on well-articulated theory, philosophy, educational research, and best practice.
- play an active and useful role in the community as well as in their own educational institution as demonstrated through collaborative partnerships and relationships.
- demonstrate evidence of positive teacher effect on student learning through formal and/or informal documentation.
- incorporate innovative and effective lesson strategies and evaluation techniques in their daily teaching
A complete application consists of short essays, CV submission, and two letters of recommendation for the first stage (see the “To Apply Online” section below for more details).
To complete the application process, you will need the following information.
- Please describe your educational background and your reasons for becoming an English teacher. (200 words maximum).
- Outline your role within your school and community. (Include roles in which you provide useful and active service to students and the community and any personal and social services to students outside the classroom. Describe any collaborative partnerships or relationships that you have begun or participated in (300 words maximum).
- Describe a specific lesson plan or project you have taught in the past year. (Focus on the innovative qualities of the lesson plans, specific strategies, and evaluation techniques. Explain how the lesson motivated and encouraged students, and how the lesson plan is exemplary of your overall mode of teaching rather than a singular occurrence (200 words maximum).
- Other accomplishments. (List any relevant accomplishments, awards, or recognitions not mentioned elsewhere (100 words, maximum). Please attach certificates, recognitions, or awards if you have any.
- In your view, what is excellence in teaching? (Your explanation should be in the context of your particular teaching situation and students) (200 words maximum).
Applicants are required to submit a CV (2 pages maximum).
Letters of Recommendation
2 Letters of Recommendation:
- One from the applicant’s current supervisor
- One from a colleague or former supervisor
You will be asked to send your Letters of Recommendation while submitting your documents
If you have any questions, please contact EWB staff or your local Regional Representatives via our website www.ewb.tj
Submission Timelines (tentative)
|1||The Teacher of the Year 2021 Announcement||May 3, 2021|
|2||Stage 1 submission- Application form||July 1, 2021|
|3||Contacting short-listed applicants||August 1, 2021|
|4||Stage 2 submission – Video Submission||September 1, 2021|
|5||Contacting finalists and sending invitations to the EWB Conference||Late September, 2021|
|6||Award Ceremony of the English Teacher of the Year, 2021, EWB Conference||October, 2021|
More details on the application deadline will be posted on our social media pages and website later. Please stay tuned!
Please download the application form below:
Please download the forms below: