EWB TOEFL Preparation Course 2023
English Without Borders Network is pleased to announce a call for applications to participate in the free EWB TOEFL Preparation Course.
This course prepares students for the official TOEFL test. The three-phase course consisting of 72 hours is designed to help students develop the necessary skills required for TOEFL.
Participants will develop their language skills, as well as will build TOEFL four skills strategies (reading, listening, speaking, and writing) so that they can have the required skills needed to take the official TOEFL test.
1. Academic Grammar and Vocabulary
The first phase is Academic Grammar and Vocabulary. It aims at improving participants’ academic grammar and vocabulary. The first 24 hours will be devoted to reinforcing their language skills, which will help them to write TOEFL essays properly, read TOEFL passages, understand listening, and speak. During this phase, students will learn
- a vocabulary of various topics such as environment, astronomy, etc.
- different types of sentences and clauses such as complex and compound sentences and independent and subordinate clauses.
|Registration||August 22-September 10, 2023|
|Course dates||September 18-October 13, 2023|
2. Introduction to TOEFL
In the second phase, Introduction to TOEFL, participants will be familiarized with the strategies of the four TOEFL skills. They will be provided with information regarding what TOEFL is, how many sections it has, what kinds of strategies it has, how many minutes the test is in general, and how many minutes each section or each passage has. Also, students will learn
- the number and types of writing, reading, listening, and speaking tasks
- the strategies and techniques for effective writing, reading, listening, and speaking
|Registration||September 25-October 8, 2023|
|Course dates||October 16-November 10, 2023|
3. TOEFL Practice
In the last phase which is called TOEFL Practice, participants will practice their skills in all four test areas by being involved in dealing with longer texts and various test materials that simulate the online TOEFL test. They will also do some mini-tests using the learned strategies from the second phase and the language skills from the first stage.
|Registration||October 23-November 25, 2023|
|Course dates||November 13-December 8, 2023|
Eligibility and Application Overview
Candidates should be highly motivated English teachers, teacher trainers, and pre-service teachers (four-year English students) from Dushanbe who are dedicated to their professional development and willing to share their knowledge with others. Candidates should:
- be EWB members (if you haven’t registered yet, register at www.ewb.tj)
- be English teachers, teacher trainers, and pre-service teachers (four-year English students from Tajik State Pedagogical University)
- have English language proficiency at the B2 level (Upper-Intermediate)
The training will include learning checkpoints and end-of-course assessments.
Please register here: