EWB is Looking for a Regional Representative in Khatlon Region
The English Without Borders Network (EWB) is seeking individuals for the part-time (30%) position of Regional Representative in the Khatlon region for the EWB Network project supported by the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan and implemented by the Public Organization “Durakhshi Marifat”.
About EWB Network
English Without Borders (EWB) is a project funded by the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan and implemented by the NGO “Durakhshi Marifat”. It was officially launched on March 1, 2021.
As the first and largest network for English teachers in Tajikistan, EWB embraces all the regions in the country through its regional representatives who provide support to the English teaching community in their regions.
EWB is a pioneer in the field of development and research in English teaching and learning in Tajikistan that has opened new areas and created new platforms to support English teachers and learners.
The first website and newsletter designed for English teachers and learners include a wide range of audio, video, and print materials and resources to use in EL classrooms.
EWB was also the first in Tajikistan to create weekly webinars for English teachers where the speakers, English language specialists, come from different parts of the world such as the U.S., Russia, El Salvador, Hungary, Tajikistan, etc.
Besides online and digital resources, EWB offers small grants for English teacher trainers to conduct in-person professional development sessions for English teachers in cities, villages, and regions.
The four EWB regional representatives conduct weekly informational sessions about the EWB network at different schools and universities, provide teacher training, and facilitate English conversation clubs at local American Spaces both for English teachers and learners in their regions.
A Regional Representative is responsible for promoting the EWB Network within her/his area and organizing events for local members.
- Promotion and expansion of the EWB Network at the local and regional level via the EWB outreach activities (EWB marketing campaign – informational meetings; program activities – workshops, training, etc.) in the relevant region
- Work closely with the EWB Program Manager/Content Curator and Director of the EWB Project
- Regular monitoring, analysis, and reporting of the EWB Project activities (EWB Master Workshop training) in the regions using effective monitoring tools to the Program Manager/Content Curator and Director
- Assistance with the EWB database updating and record keeping in the relevant region
- Assistance in the EWB project planning and implementation (Activity plan, timeline, inputs/outputs) in the relevant region
- Preparation and timely submission of Activity Plan, highlights, and narrative/financial reports to the Director and Program Manager/Content Curator
- Assistance in the mobilization of the target audience, and organizing the EWB Project activities including workshops/events based on the project timeline in the regions
- Provide materials for the EWB Newsletter to highlight outstanding EL teachers and students or EWB activities in the region
- Develop and use methods of regular communication with local English teachers and activists to keep them informed and motivated about the Network’s mission, activities, and goals
- Maintain contact with other RRs to discuss the role of RRs, seek advice and ideas from other RRs, discuss ways of being proactive, and exchange details of RR activities occurring in other regions
- Perform any other tasks and assignments warranted by the position or by the Program Manager/Content Curator, PR and Monitoring Specialist, or Director
- Maintains a high standard of ethics and integrity
Skills and Qualifications
The team member we desire is an innovative and creative thinker who demonstrates a set of skills that bring strong organizational skills, leadership, and development to the position.
- B.A./B.S. in Education or related fields with practical experience
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with English teachers
- Profound understanding of Teaching of English Language and reporting skills to various stakeholders
- Innovative and resourceful self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Tajik
- At least five years of working experience as a Teacher of English Language
- Prior Teacher-trainer experience is an asset
- Experience working in an international organization or multicultural organization is an advantage
- Candidates having Teaching English Language and ToT experience will be given preference
This nationally recruited staff position is for one year and is renewable based on the annual performance of the incumbent. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing the EWB activities in the regions. The incumbent will be hired and paid as a part-time worker (30%) with 13-hour service per week for the EWB outreach activities. The incumbent will be the main point of contact for the EWB project in a relevant and will recruit, expand and sustain the EWB Network members in the region. The incumbent will be responsible for the project process and progress in the region and other duties assigned by the Program Manager or Director. The incumbent will establish relationships with stakeholders, community leaders, officials, private and public sector representatives, civil society activists, and others in the region. The incumbent will be responsible for planning and implementing activities, and regular monitoring of the project activities. The incumbent will undergo a probation period paid for one month prior to the work starting date.
How to Apply
Please include the position name in the subject line (“Regional Representative in Khatlon“) and send an up-to-date curriculum vitae, cover letter, names and addresses (including phone & e-mails) of two referees, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 31, 2022, 17:00.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to the interview.