Position: EWB PR / Monitoring Specialist
The English Without Borders Network is seeking individuals for the full-time (100%) position of Public Relations (PR) / Monitoring Specialist. The EWB Network project is supported by the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan and implemented by the Public Organization Durakhshi Marifat.
EWB Project General Information:
The goal of the project is to unite teachers and students of the English language at all levels across Tajikistan, supporting them through peer-to-peer networking, the development of pedagogical materials, online and in-person training sessions, and train-the-trainers program to reach all corners of the country. Through this network, English language educators and students will be exposed to the best of English language instructional resources, focusing on the teaching of English through content-based instruction approaches, key institutions, and specialists in the field.
- Content creation with regular update of the EWB Project via Online Platforms (EWB App and Web Portal where teachers and students will be able to interact, share, learn and communicate) based on the target audience needs
- Working closely with Program Manager and Regional Representatives of the EWB Project to share content, promote workshops and events, and maintain communication between EWB members
- Oversee all publicity and marketing of the EWB Project via print and online, as well as on social media
- Regular monitoring, analysis and reporting of the EWB Project activities using effective monitoring tools to the Program Manager and Director
- Draft press releases, pitches, case studies, white papers, and media summaries
- Build relationships with EWB Network contacts, new media contacts and maintain relationships with existing contacts
- Manage media requests in a timely and professional manner
- Pitch story ideas and content to media
- Ensure all communication is cohesive with the brand image of EWB
- Track and analyze media coverage to inform future campaigns
- Measure PR program impacts using regular reporting
- Organize, schedule, and prepare key leaders for press interviews
- Daily assistance in project implementation of the EWB project (Activity plan, timeline, inputs/outputs) to Program Manager/Content Curator
- Preparation and timely submission of monthly narrative reports to Director and Program Manager/Content Curator
- Assist in developing surveys, training/workshop evaluation sheets
- Interact with donor organizations on PR/Marketing of EWB project activities for harmonization and reporting
- Perform any other tasks and assignments warranted by the position or by the Director
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or MA in communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, marketing or related field
- Profound understanding of PR/Marketing management and reporting to various stakeholders
- Fluency in English is a must (Advanced level)
- Candidates having PR, Marketing and Monitoring experience will be given preference
- Experience of working in an international organization or multicultural organization is an advantage.
- 3-4 years of experience in public relations or corporate communications
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of public relations programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Zoom, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Canva, Google Suite, etc.
- Proven ability to develop, implement, and execute successful public relations campaigns
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply
This nationally recruited staff position is for one year and renewable based on the annual performance of the incumbent. The incumbent is responsible for managing the EWB online platform as well as publications on social media sites, assessing the project process and progress, and other duties assigned by the Director. The incumbent will establish relationships with stakeholders, community leaders, officials, private and public sector representatives, civil society activists, and others to assess, plan and implement activities. The incumbent will be responsible for regular monitoring of the project activities. The incumbent will undergo training and a probation period for one month in November 2021.
How to Apply:
Please include the position name in the subject line and send an up-to-date curriculum vitae, Cover letter, names and addresses (including phone & e-mails) of two referees, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to the interview.
Application Deadline: October 17, 2021.