EWB Essay Contest 2022-2023
English Without Borders is pleased to announce that the application for the EWB Essay Writing Contest 2023 is now open. The theme of the contest is “More Than Just a Teacher: Teachers Who Make a Difference“.
The EWB Essay Writing Contest is open to schoolchildren and students (age range 14-22) across Tajikistan during the winter breaks in 2023.
Each participant may submit only one entry to the competition.
- The contest deadline is January 15, 2023, at 11:59 PM (GMT+5)
- Essays can be no more than 1,000 words but must be a minimum of 700 words. Citations and bibliography are not included in the word count
- Contestants must write an original essay with limited guidance from others
- Any quotations or copyrighted material used in the essays must be identified properly. Failure to identify non-original material will result in disqualification
- Essays must be written in English
- Be an EWB member (register on our website: ewb.tj)
The Types of Essays for the Contest
- Descriptive – Paint a Mental Picture
- Narrative – Tell a Story
Judges chosen by the EWB will determine 3 prize-winning places.
- Essays must describe a teacher who works or worked in the time period from 1991 to the present in Tajikistan
- Submissions will be judged on the quality of analysis, form, and style
All decisions of the judges are final. All qualifying essays will be judged blind through several rounds of judging. All decisions of the judges are final.
Applicants retain the copyright to their submissions to EWB Essay Contest 2023. However, applicants need to grant EWB the right to reproduce any offer on its website or any other EWB publication regardless of the medium of publication.
Winners will be notified in late January.
The winners will be awarded the EWB Certificate, a congratulatory post on our website, Facebook, and Instagram, and a prize:
- 1st place – wireless headphones
- 2nd place – powerbank
- 3rd place – TOEFL Book Bundle
Applications will be accepted in an electronic form by e-mail in the period from December 28, 2022, to January 15, 2023.
To submit an application please download the Application form, complete all fields accurately, and save the file as a Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx) or a .pdf file. Include your name in the file name.
Submit entries here: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Write “Essay Contest” in the Subject line of your email.