Position: American Space Gharm Coordinator
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe in coordination with Public Organization “Marifatnoki” seeks a qualified person for the Coordinator position at the American Space Gharm.
HOW TO APPLY
The recruitment process for this position is managed by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe*. Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter explaining their interest in the position to email@example.com. Applications missing either a CV or a cover letter will not be considered. For any inquiries, you may contact 98-580-00-71 (8 am to 5 pm, Mon-Fri).
The deadline for submissions is Friday, December 16, 2022, at 5 pm.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted for the interview.
*The position is not with U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe. American Space Gharm is U.S. Embassy-supported program implemented by a local grantee organization. The grantee is not an employee of the U.S. government and is not subject to the benefits provided to U.S. Embassy employees.
Full Position Description
Full-time: 40 hours/week (Monday-Friday, 8 am-7 pm)
The monthly salary subject to income tax deduction is $550 USD.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe, proactively initiates and sustains a broad program of activities that align with and advance U.S. Embassy goals. Advances strong partnerships with civil society, entrepreneurs, business and cultural leaders, educators, and students. Recruits and manages an active volunteer network.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management and Delivery (40%)
- Independently creates and presents programs on topics related to the US and six core programs in joint planning with, and with guidance from the Embassy.
- Ensures that American Space programming strengthens core competencies including leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation, English-language skills, and digital communication.
- Develops robust schedule of innovative and engaging programs, including programs delivered directly by American Space staff, and volunteers — as well as programs delivered by American Space partners organizations.
- Ensures that American Space programming includes engaging content related to American culture and shared values.
- Coordinates all phases of program management, including analyzing target audiences and developing the most effective format to reach them; recruiting facilitators and speakers; arranging program logistics; designing effective marketing; providing a final accounting of all program expenses; and submitting reports summarizing the results.
- Develops virtual programming options for American Space programming to reach broader online audiences.
- Ensures that the American Space meets standards and reporting requirements
- Share activity reports via email with U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section and the American Spaces Tajikistan Network on corresponding programs.
- Provides evaluative feedback on improving the American Space
Outreach Management and Delivery (30%)
- Oversees outreach planning to build relationships with strategic partners engaged in positive programming that advances shared U.S.-Tajikistan values. Develops partnerships to facilitate joint programming leveraging the American Space platform.
- Leads coordination with key American Space programming partners, including English Without Borders, Go Viral Tajikistan, and USANT to collaborate on joint programs.
- Develops a schedule of outreach to local educational institutions, private-sector, and NGO partners.
- Develops and implement an outreach strategy to engage underserved and marginalized communities, including individuals with disabilities.
- Ensures the space’s promotional print and digital materials are up to date and in stock. Works with local vendors to place orders for promotional items within the budgeted amount. Partners with experts, teachers, entrepreneurs, cultural leaders, and civil society to deliver quality programming.
- Builds effective relationships with government, educational, cultural institutions, and NGOs as needed in developing and executing programs.
Volunteer management (20%)
- Organizes and manages an extensive network of American and Tajik volunteers, including recruitment, training, and awards policies.
Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned by designated U.S. Embassy staff members and undertakes special projects as needed.
MINIMUM DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
a. Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
b. Prior Work Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in program management, outreach development and delivery, education and training, or communications and public relations.
c. Language Proficiency: High-intermediate to advanced English skills; fluency in Tajik and Russian.
d. Knowledge: Demonstrates a good understanding of American history, culture, and U.S. Government resources. Ideally, the Coordinator will have been to the U.S. or studied it extensively. Familiarity with emerging technologies, program design, and marketing/public relations.
e. Skills and Abilities: Excellent customer, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills. Ability to respond rapidly to complex requests; to independently plan, organize, and carry out assigned responsibilities. Ability to prioritize work and incoming requests. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
a. Supervision Received: Directly supervised by U.S. Embassy Dushanbe on program design and desired outcome. Supervised by grantee organization on legal and financial aspects of space operations.
b. Available Guidelines: On-the-job training, and guidance from U.S. Embassy staff.
c. Time Required to Perform Full Range of Duties after Entry into the Position: With the necessary qualifications and prior work experience as stated above, an incumbent should be able to carry out duties within six months of assuming the position.
d. Work environment. Due to constant interaction with the demanding public and frequent deadlines with short notice, work can be stressful. A constantly changing environment requires continuous independent learning and continual updating of skills. Travel outside of Dushanbe on an as-needed basis. Can include weekend and evening work.